For the second year, the University of West Florida will honor traditions, engage in the community and celebrate the future of the University during its annual Founders Week, which will be held April 13-18.
Founders Week is a weeklong celebration that serves as an opportunity to bring the UWF family together, welcome alumni and visitors to campus and give back to the community.
“Founders Week is a young but valuable tradition at UWF, as it calls on students, alumni and friends to celebrate and reflect on their legacy as Argonauts,” said President Martha D. Saunders. “We hope everyone enjoys the week’s events and joins us in celebrating UWF in fine style.”
Founders Week will get underway with Day of Play at UWF on Saturday, April 13. Beginning at 11 a.m., members of the community are invited to the UWF Sports Complex for a day of fun-filled activities including the Little Mile and Argo Mile races, bounce houses, laser tag, video games, karaoke, vendor booths and yard games. At 1 p.m., UWF’s softball and baseball teams will play Lee University at Jim Spooner Field and the UWF Softball Complex.
UWF’s Day of Giving, a 24-hour fundraising event, will be held on Thursday, April 18. Alumni, students, parents, faculty, staff and friends are invited to make gifts online at dayofgiving.uwf.edu or on campus, directing their contributions to any of the 14 featured funds. Last year’s inaugural Day of Giving raised more than $113,000 from over 1,200 people.
Additional Founders Week events include:
- Sunday, April 14: Blue and Green Graffiti Bridge
- Monday, April 15: Paint Pensacola Blue and Green and a Scavenger Hunt
- Tuesday, April 16: Founders Week Day of Service and a Downtown Lecture Series
- Wednesday, April 17: Argos Bleed Blue and Green; Center for Entrepreneurship Argo Alumni Stories; and Community Garden launch
- Thursday, April 18: Undergraduate Research – Scholarship Symposium; Blue and Green spring football game and fireworks
For more information, visit uwf.edu/foundersweek.