Since 1965, the UWF Foundation has had the responsibility of accepting, managing and administering private gifts and resources to support the mission and vision of the University. Through generous support from alumni, friends, corporations, foundations and others, UWF experiences sustained growth and enhances its academic research programs and student support.
Currently, the board is comprised of 28 dedicated alumni and friends who serve as advocates for the University, encourage philanthropic support, and manage the investments and business affairs of the Foundation.
Membership expectations include:
- Attendance of quarterly meetings with the full board.
- Periodic committee meetings that occur from one to four times annually.
- Shared responsibility alongside other board members of the control and investment of all assets of the Foundation, including the prudent management of all gifts consistent with donor intent.
- Involvement in decision-making regarding important University matters.
- Connecting with students and community members while discussing and problem-solving relevant issues.
If interested in nominating yourself or someone else for the UWF Foundation, Inc. Board of Directors, fill out the online application prior to Feb. 1, 2020 for an appointment beginning in July 2020. All directors are elected by the full Board and approved by the UWF president and Board of Trustees. If you nominate another individual for membership on the board, the Foundation staff will contact the applicant to confirm availability and willingness to serve. All applications are received and reviewed by the President of the UWF Foundation.
For more information about UWF Foundation, Inc., visit uwf.edu/foundation.