The emphasis comes from the county about CARES Act assistance for homeowners and renters:
Please provide the public the eligibility requirements as required by the State of Florida:
A.1. Is your combined annual household income below the 120% area median income level? (see chart below)
A.2. Are you delinquent on your rent, mortgage and/or utility payments? (utilities include electric, natural gas, propane, water, sewer, and trash). Please note – Documented evidence required.
A.3. Are you a resident living in Escambia County?
A.4. Do you have proof of loss of employment income or reduction of employment income due to COVID-19 impacts on or after March 1, 2020?
IF YOU ANSWERED “NO” TO ANY OF THESE QUESTIONS, UNFORTUNATELY, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ESCAMBIA COUNTY CORONAVIRUS RELIEF FUND RENT, MORTGAGE, AND UTILITY ASSISTANCE.
Rent and Mortgage Assistance Grant Program Frequently Asked Questions including:
Q: I need assistance with utilities only. Can you provide assistance?
A: The funding is intended for foreclosure and eviction prevention. Utility assistance can only be provided in conjunction with mortgage or rent assistance. Utility assistance can be provided if your lease specifically requires maintenance of utilities and could be a cause for eviction. If you need utility assistance ONLY, please call 2-1-1 for referrals for utility assistance.
Q: How will I know the county has successfully received my application?
A: You will receive a confirmation number on your screen once you have completely submitted your successful application online. You will not receive an e-mail with this confirmation. Please make a note of your confirmation number for future reference.
Also more locations to help residents have been added since this morning:
Paper applications are available for pickup at the following locations starting Tuesday, Sept. 1 for citizens who do not have online access:
- Escambia County Extension Services, 3740 Stefani Road. (Wednesday, 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.)
- Escambia County Neighborhood Enterprise Division, 221 Palafox Place, Suite 200 (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Brownsville Community Center, 3200 W. DeSoto St. (Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Carver Park Resource Center, 208 Webb St. (Tuesday, 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Century City Hall, 7995 N Century Blvd. (starting Thursday during normal business hours)
- Ebonwood Community Center, 3511 West Scott St. (Tuesday and Wednesday, 12:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.)
- Marie K. Young-Wedgewood Community Center, 6405 Wagner Road. (Tuesday and Wednesday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
- EREC/Walnut Hill Post Office, 4950 Highway 99A, Walnut Hill (Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- All West Florida Public Libraries
Completed paper applications with attachments should be emailed to EscambiaCaresRentandMortgage@myescambia.com, faxed to 850-595-0342, or dropped off at the Brownsville Community Center or Neighborhood Enterprise Division.