Escambia County COVID-19 Update #30
Updated at 3:15 p.m. April 1:
Please reference the prior updates and Escambia County COVID-19 Update #11 for a prior comprehensive running list. View an updated list of county closures and cancellations here. This update only includes new information we have received. Weekend updates will be distributed only when there is new information.
Feeding the Gulf Coast
- Feeding the Gulf Coast is currently in need of volunteers to assist at a facility in Milton, so we can continue to serve the community at this time of increased need.
- Feeding the Gulf Coast has upped safety precautions at warehouses and have limited the amount of people in at a time. We need help sorting food and cleaning. Our shifts are Monday-Friday 9 a.m. to noon and 1-3 p.m. We need around five volunteers per shift, and will not take groups of more than 10 at this time. We are also looking for one volunteer to help with general operations assistance Monday-Friday from 7-11 a.m. and 1-3:30 p.m. I have attached our volunteer registrations for groups and individuals. We ask that all volunteers wear closed-toed shoes.
- For more information about volunteering, individuals can go to our website feedingthegulfcoast.org/get-involved/volunteer or reach out to Aubrey Grier at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Florida Department of Health in Escambia County
- As of 3 p.m., April 1, Escambia County has had 94 positive COVID-19 cases. This number is expected to change daily due to the return of results from ongoing testing. For the most up-to-date information regarding confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida, visit the COVID-19 dashboard. The site is currently updated twice daily.
- Information on applying for the CARES ACT Paycheck Protection Programs and other Small Business Assistance Loans is available on the COVID-19 resource page at floridawesteda.com.
No mention of the governor’s order that was issued four hours ago. No mention of how County Administrator Janice Gilley plans to implement it. Nada.